Tuesday, October 28, 2008

P!nk + Funhouse = A SMASH!

...This new music Tuesday brought me my pre-ordered copy of P!nks new Album, FUNHOUSE.
It's different for her. I mean she's usually brassy, loud and crazy, like her self proclaimed Rock Star persona - the album is quite tame. There is a channeling of Carol King here we all may not be used to but her voice is superb and grabs at the many ballads she sings. There's various songs about breakups and heartaches - "Sober", "I Don't Believe You and "Please Don't Leave Me" but the one ballad I keep playing over and over is "Crystal Ball" - she sings: "cracks in the crystal ball, ...sometimes you think everything is wrapped up inside a diamond ring, love just needs a witness - and a little forgiveness and a hallow of patience and less sporadic pace and I'm learning to be brave in my beautiful mistakes..." above a campfire acoustic guitar. Good stuff PINKY! ...stuff, RaGa loves...
Go check it out everyone!

No comments: